About Me

My photo
I grew up in Franklin, Kentucky. I moved to Virginia Beach in 2003 and in 2004 I met the gang at Final Kick. Final Kick quickly became my home away from home. I ran my first marathon in 2005 (Shamrock Marathon). It was one of the most painful and amazing experiences of my life. I ran a 3:07 and I crossed the finish line with bloody heels (the right socks are so important). I couldn't wait to run another marathon and I choose The Richmond Marathon. I loved this race and it's still one of my favorites. Shamrock 2006 was my breakout race. I won it in a time of 2:45:40 and I was ecstatic. I also qualified for the trials with this race. Over the next couple of years I graduated from Nursing school and then eventually received my Master's in Exercise Science. In 2010 I raced the Chicago Marathon in a time of 2:45:26 and again qualified for the 2012 Olympic Trials. This was an amazing day for me. And I can't wait to race in Houston 2012
"Running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free." Once a Runner

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Setting Goals and Helping Out

I had someone ask me today why haven't I been posting and whats up with me. I really didn't have a good answer b/c there have been several times that I thought about posting something.

Since the last time I posted I've actually been very productive. I've been going to physical therapy for my hip every week, working out at ROM with Nick, coaching track at Cox, I passed my test for my Master's Degree, and I've been thinking about my goals for my future.
I even ran a 5K for Alzheimer's (A Run to Remember).

I do better in my life when I have goals to work toward and my life is organized. I work well in a structured environment. The last couple of weeks I've struggled to make Physical Therapy and my Master's Degree my goals but I'm beginning to feel better now and I'm itching to start planning and racing. Once again this goes back to another problem I'm well known for........my lack of patience.

Whats the answer to this problem? Being true to myself. Who am I? What do I want?
I want to train and race. How to I do this? I've picked a race........Utah Half Marathon....I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shamrock Week

Shamrock Week

The Finish Line

The Finish Line

Sharmock Marathon

Sharmock Marathon

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D
Life is Good

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream
YUM

RnR

RnR

Constantina Dita

Constantina Dita

Italian Mother

Italian Mother