About Me

My photo
I grew up in Franklin, Kentucky. I moved to Virginia Beach in 2003 and in 2004 I met the gang at Final Kick. Final Kick quickly became my home away from home. I ran my first marathon in 2005 (Shamrock Marathon). It was one of the most painful and amazing experiences of my life. I ran a 3:07 and I crossed the finish line with bloody heels (the right socks are so important). I couldn't wait to run another marathon and I choose The Richmond Marathon. I loved this race and it's still one of my favorites. Shamrock 2006 was my breakout race. I won it in a time of 2:45:40 and I was ecstatic. I also qualified for the trials with this race. Over the next couple of years I graduated from Nursing school and then eventually received my Master's in Exercise Science. In 2010 I raced the Chicago Marathon in a time of 2:45:26 and again qualified for the 2012 Olympic Trials. This was an amazing day for me. And I can't wait to race in Houston 2012
"Running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free." Once a Runner

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Taking Care of Myself

So I'm someone who hates stretching. I'm inconsistent at best and I only stretch about 2-3 times a week for about 15 minutes. I really do believe I need to stretch everyday b/c this would make me a better runner..... not to mention just someone who overall is just in better shape period. But how in the world do I make myself do this.............
I need a stretching buddy! Just like I have people who run with me, I need someone who stretches with me. Who at least someone who calls me and says "Hey Renee, um did you stretch today?" I know lots of people say they stretch while they watch television. Well, I don't watch that much tv but I guess I could do that.
1. Must stretch when television is on!
When I do get on the floor to stretch my puppies believe it is play time. I guess when I'm on the floor I'm in their territory now. It's a free for all anytime I get down on the floor to stretch. I try to pretend it's puppy play time and that they are trying to help me. Although it can be hard to stretch when you have a puppy on your back.
2. Stretch after every run.
I've done this in the past. Even cutting runs short so I can stretch if I'm running out of time. This works best if it's the Tuesday/Thursday/or even Saturday run.

So what do you guys do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shamrock Week

Shamrock Week

The Finish Line

The Finish Line

Sharmock Marathon

Sharmock Marathon

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D
Life is Good

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream
YUM

RnR

RnR

Constantina Dita

Constantina Dita

Italian Mother

Italian Mother