About Me

My photo
I grew up in Franklin, Kentucky. I moved to Virginia Beach in 2003 and in 2004 I met the gang at Final Kick. Final Kick quickly became my home away from home. I ran my first marathon in 2005 (Shamrock Marathon). It was one of the most painful and amazing experiences of my life. I ran a 3:07 and I crossed the finish line with bloody heels (the right socks are so important). I couldn't wait to run another marathon and I choose The Richmond Marathon. I loved this race and it's still one of my favorites. Shamrock 2006 was my breakout race. I won it in a time of 2:45:40 and I was ecstatic. I also qualified for the trials with this race. Over the next couple of years I graduated from Nursing school and then eventually received my Master's in Exercise Science. In 2010 I raced the Chicago Marathon in a time of 2:45:26 and again qualified for the 2012 Olympic Trials. This was an amazing day for me. And I can't wait to race in Houston 2012
"Running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free." Once a Runner

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Chicago Half Marathon

Hello all,
I'm in in the amazing windy city of Chicago. I love this city. The tall buildings are beautiful and it's just so cool. I'm in a wonderful hotel called The Palmer House Hilton which was built in the late 1800's. Very cool. I woke up this morning and the weather was in the 50's and it was raining. WAY different than our fair city of Va Beach. I've already wondered out loud if I could move to Chicago but I would miss my city way too much. IDK.
The weather tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60's in the morning. So the weather is definitely ready for racing, I've been to the Expo. It was small which is nice for trying to figure stuff out in a big unfamiliar city. But this is perfect for me figuring out Chicago before the marathon. Speaking of the marathon there are flags out everywhere with 10 10 10 on them. How cool is that!

Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I do know that I have a horrible head cold and my sinuses are draining (very attractive, I know) so that really sucks. I'm hoping it won't affect my performance for tomorrow. I feel that I've emotionally put RnR out of my mind and that I'm ready (emotionally and physically) to race tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shamrock Week

Shamrock Week

The Finish Line

The Finish Line

Sharmock Marathon

Sharmock Marathon

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D
Life is Good

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream
YUM

RnR

RnR

Constantina Dita

Constantina Dita

Italian Mother

Italian Mother