About Me

My photo
I grew up in Franklin, Kentucky. I moved to Virginia Beach in 2003 and in 2004 I met the gang at Final Kick. Final Kick quickly became my home away from home. I ran my first marathon in 2005 (Shamrock Marathon). It was one of the most painful and amazing experiences of my life. I ran a 3:07 and I crossed the finish line with bloody heels (the right socks are so important). I couldn't wait to run another marathon and I choose The Richmond Marathon. I loved this race and it's still one of my favorites. Shamrock 2006 was my breakout race. I won it in a time of 2:45:40 and I was ecstatic. I also qualified for the trials with this race. Over the next couple of years I graduated from Nursing school and then eventually received my Master's in Exercise Science. In 2010 I raced the Chicago Marathon in a time of 2:45:26 and again qualified for the 2012 Olympic Trials. This was an amazing day for me. And I can't wait to race in Houston 2012
"Running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free." Once a Runner

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Austin.......we are a Go.

So I'm preparing for my Austin Half Marathon (set for Sunday) and I'm already getting anxious. I believe getting anxious is good.........it means I still have something to prove to myself. And it keeps me on my toes and working hard.
I'm really excited. Everyone who I've spoken to about Austin says that its an amazing city and lots of fun. I've been to Houston and I thought it was beautiful so I'm sure Austin will not disappoint. I'm flying down tomorrow where I will be meeting Jfab. He will be running the full marathon (good luck to him). I'm glad he will be there to hang out with........it will be fun to catch up and hang out. Just hanging out, picking up our packets, and resting.
I have an interesting link concerning the race on Sunday.
It tells all about the course and gives you tips. Its kind of a fun read.
http://www.austinpost.org/content/a-guide-livestrong-austin-marathon-and-half-marathon-part-one

Anyway, I'm prepared and I'm ready. yay. I got an amazing massage from Rebecca at Balance and I plan on staying off my feet.
I will give you guys an update after the race. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Renee. Enjoy Austin.

    We will hold down the fort at the Striders Distance run and make sure Steve isn't lonely. Looking forward to a full racing report upon your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin is way better. As a Houstonian, it is a far more progressive place. But, I hear it will be warm. Best. I am glad I am doing the half and not the whole with temps starting in the mid 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys. Rich, I hope you had a great time. Carson, I will see you in Austin. Good luck. I hope you have a great run.

    ReplyDelete

Shamrock Week

Shamrock Week

The Finish Line

The Finish Line

Sharmock Marathon

Sharmock Marathon

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D
Life is Good

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream
YUM

RnR

RnR

Constantina Dita

Constantina Dita

Italian Mother

Italian Mother