About Me

My photo
I grew up in Franklin, Kentucky. I moved to Virginia Beach in 2003 and in 2004 I met the gang at Final Kick. Final Kick quickly became my home away from home. I ran my first marathon in 2005 (Shamrock Marathon). It was one of the most painful and amazing experiences of my life. I ran a 3:07 and I crossed the finish line with bloody heels (the right socks are so important). I couldn't wait to run another marathon and I choose The Richmond Marathon. I loved this race and it's still one of my favorites. Shamrock 2006 was my breakout race. I won it in a time of 2:45:40 and I was ecstatic. I also qualified for the trials with this race. Over the next couple of years I graduated from Nursing school and then eventually received my Master's in Exercise Science. In 2010 I raced the Chicago Marathon in a time of 2:45:26 and again qualified for the 2012 Olympic Trials. This was an amazing day for me. And I can't wait to race in Houston 2012
"Running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free." Once a Runner

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn

I am in Austin and it is fabulous. The weather is warm but since I'm only doing the half I should be good. Poor Jfab is doing the Full.
The plane ride from VaBch went really well. Nothing great to report.
We have an amazing view from our hotel. It of a river and it has a running trail beside it. This morning we've seen several people out having crew practice.
I'm sitting in the business center right now while Jfab is sleeping upstairs. He's already threaten several times to write horrible race reports concerning me. He says I'm high maintenance (HM). But I disagree. Just b/c I put my running shoes on the floor and then began freaking out b/c I thought I had forgotten them doesn't mean I'm HM.........just forgetful b/c your yelling that I'm late and to hurry up. LOL
FYI, as a side note
There's a guy who is sitting in the business center with me on another computer who is a total @$$hole..........he's upset b/c I'm on this computer and the computer he is on won't print. He's angry that his computer won't print and the one I'm on does print. If he had been nice to me I would have moved but from the very beginning he had been nothing but rude to me so I'm not moving at all......I know that's really mean but I'm a firm believer in you catch more flies with honey instead of being a jackass to someone.
And b/c I'm a vegetarian we had to look for a place that served nonmeat options for dinner. We ate at PF Chang. Don't let Jfab lie to you....I gave him bites of my dinner which had tofu in it and he loved it. And of course we split the most amazing chocolate cake. It was huge. I seriously it was meant for 2-3 people to eat.
I can't wait to go to the expo. I always find them so exciting. The clothes, the people, and all the free swag........you can just feel how excited everyone is.
Since it's the LIVESTRONG race I'm hoping Lance is there. Love Lance Armstrong
The city (what I've seen so far-the downtown area) is really cool. People running, cycling, crewing (if that's a word) and you can see people working out in their apt or condo gyms as well. Everyone is so healthy. Except for the whole meat eating part. Huge buildings and everything. Just seems like fun. Even the cab driver from the airport was super nice.
So like I said...........so far we are having the best time. (Besides the little butthole old man who's already left the room)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shamrock Week

Shamrock Week

The Finish Line

The Finish Line

Sharmock Marathon

Sharmock Marathon

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D

Breakfast with Dai and Mike D
Life is Good

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream

Double Chocolate Banana ice cream
YUM

RnR

RnR

Constantina Dita

Constantina Dita

Italian Mother

Italian Mother